1/19/09

Paul's Christmas Gift


    This is Paul's Christmas Gift - a BYU T-shirt quilt.  It was a little tricky to find time to work on this and keep it a surprise from him - especially since my sewing machine broke just as I started piecing it together.  Thanks to a great neighbor (who let me come over to use her machine while she watched my kids and fed them dinner) and to Paul's mom for letting me use her machine to finish up, I was able to get it mostly pieced together before Christmas.
    I was really excited to have him open it on Christmas morning because I knew he had no idea.  I actually shed a few tears because I never saw him so happy opening a gift.  Last night, I finally got around to finishing the open end, top-stitching, and putting in a few ties.

8 comments:

RayAnne said...

It turned out great, Becca! I think I'll have to start collecting old BYU t-shirts.

Mommymita said...

Great job! you are a great quilter. remember the quilt you made for extra credit in geometry even though you already had an A+

I give it an A++

You know you can do bar tacks on the sewing machine instead of ties also.

Get your sewing machine fixed before my birthday party

Becca said...

What are bar tacks? - that shows how much I know about sewing!

Unknown said...

what a great gift I am sure paul loved it great job and good job on keeping it a secret
love cousin debbie j

Emily said...

Becca--yours turned out great!!! Did you piece t he binding? What did you put on the back. I makes me want to make another one for Johnny when he gets back. Yours looks very cozy.

Cathy said...

Becca, i'm really jealous of that project. I need to start collecting shirts for Pete.

Susan said...

Great looking quilt! It looks like it took along time! Doug wanted me to tell you that you did it in the wrong color but I think it is great looking! I bet Paul loved it!

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea! Rob has so many BYU shirts!! I am happy I found your blog! How are you?? :)