4/22/10

Springtime Birthday Gift

Paul showed his true love for me this birthday and suprised me by bringing home 6 little chicks. (He really didn't want to get chickens and he thought I was crazy that I wanted some.) The kids love them and stand around the box and just watch them. Austin calls them "cute." Last night when we left to go somewhere, in the car - he kept saying "Bye Bye Cute!"

Here are a few of the names the kids have chosen: Stinker - Anthony named his this because it pooped in my hand, Chirpie - Abby, Cutie- Austin and Paul has lots of names that he wants to give them like BBQ, Honey, Rotisserie, etc - we may just use Honey for his.

Thanks for all the chick advice Cathy and Pete!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you to have chickens! The kids will love them! They will start laying right around when you will have your baby ;-)

RayAnne said...

How fun! I agree with Austin that they are really cute!

Mommymita said...

Oh I am jealous! Happy Hens and Happy Birthday

Christina, knick name Bina said...

SOOOO CUTE. I wanted to smuggle chicks in the back yard of our rental house, but Ally would probably run them over in her powerwheels. So they don't mind being held by the kids? Sooo sweet. How sweet of paul, happy belated birthday

Mary Mary said...

They are so cute and will be so much fun for your kids. Are you going to start a little egg business?