8/27/08

First Day of School

Here is Abigail at her first day of school: 

Abigail is really enjoying Kindergarten so far.  She loves being able to ride the bus home and I can tell she feels so big and important.  I have to admit that I did choke up a bit and I shed a tear as she walked into the classroom on Monday.  It makes me feel like I'm getting old and becoming a real "mom" because I have a child in school.  After a few days of school, she said "I'm never bad at school, because I don't like to get in trouble."  Also, on Monday, as Abigail came off the bus, Anthony was so excited to see her, but he was really disappointed that he couldn't ride.  He said "I want to go to kindergarten and ride the bus.  no fair!"



6 comments:

RayAnne said...

She's so cute and happy! Hope she had a fun day!

Cathy said...

Becca, at least you have traveled a lot with Abby and the family before you had to worry about missing school! :-)

Emily said...

Joseph loved going on the bus. Is Abby morning or afternoon? She looks really happy.

Ashlee said...

It is so sweet to see Abby going to the same bus stop as I did growing up and even the same Elementary School! She is such a good girl...you should be so proud! Love you guys!

Dad Wirthlin said...

I can't believe that Aby is going to school. She does not look like an anxiety filled little girl..she is the best

Love, Dad

Mary said...

Abby looks so cute! David was sad that he couldn't ride the bus too.