9/8/08

Quick trip to Washington

We made a blitz trip out to Washington to support the Cougars against the Washington Huskies.  Paul, Austin, and I flew to Spokane on Friday.  We arrived late and stayed up late talking to Rob, Eva, and Jeff, we also happened to see Al and Paul that night.  We woke up early Saturday and drove 300 miles to Husky Stadium for the game.  We met Paul's dad and brother, Tyson at the game and had lots of fun cheering for BYU.  The weather was really great for Seattle, too.  After a fun game that was a little closer than we would have liked, we drove back to Spokane and stayed with Jeff and Tami.  Sunday morning, we drove to Coeur d' Alene Lake to check it out, then back to Spokane for a little tour of the city given by Rob, Eva, and the girls.  It was a fun trip, but I would like to stay longer next time and bring the whole family.  Rob, Eva, Jeff, and Tami were great hosts and provided lots of good food and hospitality.  Thanks so much to Stephanie for watching the three amigos in Provo!


Cute little Cougar Fan


At Husky Stadium in Seattle - we were very glad to have a victory!


Austin with Cousin Leo


University of Washington Campus


Coeur d' Alene Lake, Idaho



7 comments:

Ashlee said...

We wish we could have been at the game with you guys. It's so funny that only a week ago we were also traveling through Washington and Coeur d'Alene to get to Libby MT to visit Greg's parents. It's a small world after all! We will be to the UCLA game this weekend! Can't wait to see you guys there! Go Cougars!!

RayAnne said...

You guys are such die hard BYU fans! What a fun trip. I love Austin's BYU outfit.

Becca said...

RayAnne,
If I remember correctly, I think Mike was the one that bought that cute BYU hat - when Andrew was a baby. So, tell him thanks!

Mommily said...

Maybe our next reunion should be up in Spokane. My kids love going to Coeur d'Alene. There is an awesome park right next to the public beach my kids always insist on playing on. I'm glad for you BYU won!! And I agree with RayAnne that Austin look so cute in his BYU outfit.

Ginette said...

Hi Becca,
Yeah I thought things would die down after kids went to school, but for some reason it's very hectic! Me working doesn't help either. I work full time as a para at a k-8 school. Soccer is fun. THey really love it, except for Naia! All she does is cry! Figures. But you are a crazy busy traveler! I'm so jealous. But I'm sure it's wonderful. Your family is so cute and dear. I'm so happy for you guys. Tell Paul hello for me!

Mommymita said...

Cute little cougar fan! WA sure is a fun place

Mary said...

Austin looks cute in his little cougar hat. Spokane has been the family football hub lately.