5/21/08

Crazy Wind Storm

Last night, we were all outside as I was trying to finish planting the veggie garden.  It started getting winding and we felt a few rain drops, so Andrew went to get his umbrella.  A few minutes later, I was still planting and a huge gust of wind came.  A large piece of siding blew through the air, just above my head, then I looked over and noticed this huge tree was down on the lawn.  Poor little Andrew, who was still trying to hold on to his umbrella was really freaked out because his umbrella caught a huge gust of wind, which flipped the umbrella backwards (like on Mary Poppins) and broke it.  Meanwhile, Abby and Anthony were getting blasted in the face with dirt and debris.  I picked up Andrew, and Paul got the other two and we ran inside with everyone upset.  (Andrew is still a little nervous to go back outside).

I am still shocked and sad that this big, nice tree fell.  We will have to call a tree service to come and chop it up and then plant a small one in its place.  We will miss its nice shade this summer.

5 comments:

Mommymita said...

whoa - I'm glad no onewas hurt!

Mommily said...

I can't believe your tree blew over!!! I'm sure your kids won't forget that day they planted the garden.

RayAnne said...

How sad to have such a nice big tree blow over!

Ashlee said...

That is not the 1st time that home has lost a nice tree. One of my favorite trees in the front yard blew over one year and hit Grandpa Stephens car. That really stinks to loose such a big nice tree. Im glad that Andrew didn't blow away with his umbrella...poor kid!

Mary said...

I'm glad Andrew didn't get blown away like Mary Poppins!